The genius prince : vol 7 ch 29

 "What are you talking to my guest?"

"This is Princess Lowellmina, is in good mood."

He Called Keskinal, bows fondly. It was a movement that entered the hall in a way that could not be imagined from the crude appearance.

"I’m not fine at all. Please don’t approach Princess Falanya. She’ll catch your strange quirks " Lowellmina hugs Franya and separates her from Keskinal.

"Did that man ever tell you anything strange, Princess Franya? He's the kind of man who would tell you strange things to a simple girl like Princess Franya."

"N-no, though I can understand why you think that way..." Franya struggles to speak in Lowellmina's arms.

"Princess Lowellmina. Me? Odd? I’m always serious, and I have an honest heart. I only speak to others because I love to talk. It’s like everyone is avoiding me like the plague lately, so I admit I thought Princess Falanya was a precious listener. Anyway, don’t you think it’s horrible that the guards beg to stop after we’ve only talked for six hours?"

"Okay, okay. By the way, I spotted the officials looking for you. They are in a much worse mood than me, so I suggest you hurry back to them "

"Mmm, that shouldn't be" Keskinal turns his heels.

"It is very upsetting to be angry and to be sad. If you want to use my heart as an instrument, at least play it with a little more care, but it's hard for people to understand. Well then, both of you, I'll take my leave. Oh, I am Keskinal, Princess franya " Keskinal left at his own pace and without any grasp of what was going on.

"Hmm, the trouble is gone." Lowellmina nods that this is a relief.

"Who is he, Princess Lowellmina? He seemed to be a civil servant working here. ... "

It was not the attitude of a civil servant, and it seemed to me that he was very close to  Lawellmina. 

Lawellmina took control, perhaps because she felt her unspoken impressions.

"You are right that he is a civil official, but I don't want to say it out loud. however, but that man is the highest ranking civilian official in the country. "

 "The highest-ranking... That's ......"

"Imperial Chancellor Keskinal" Lowellmina said, turning her eyes in the direction the man had left.

 "That man is one of the pillars of the empire today." 

"The Empire, the Chancellor..."

Franya's eyes widened in surprise, she remembered Keskinal's words and actions, and then shook her head. "... Is that weirdo?"

"that weirdo ..." Lowellmina also folded her arms in trouble. "He’s odd but brilliant. He wouldn’t be prime minister if he didn’t have something going for him. That said, he really isn’t right in the head " Then Lawellmina smiled with a bitter smile,

"Let's not talk about that. What can I do for you today? Of course, you are welcome to just come for tea. " That freak blew it out of my head, but I didn't come here today to admire freaks.

"Actually, I have something to talk to Princess Lawellmina."

"Well then, let's go to the room. We also have tea and sweets." The two nodded to each other and walked into the imperial palace.

 


………….

Frankly speaking, the situation in Demetrio's camp was terrible.Five thousand defeated soldiers gathered in the city of Verida. We had lost many of our supplies, and morale was at its lowest point. It was all they could do just to try to keep the security situation in Verida from worsening. Fighting Baldrosh and Manfred's camp from here was very impractical.

Even those who had managed to stick by Demetrio for all this time weren’t focused on the battle. They needed to put out fires in their own domain..

 Furthermore, a warning letter arrives from the chancellor, Keskinal, as a final blow. Dimetrio's warnings were that if the territory was left unattended any longer, the imperial army would be mobilized and the territory would be confiscated. No matter how stubborn Dimetrio was, it was impossible for him to fight.

"... Is this the end of me?"

Dimetrio laughed to himself in his private chambers. The room was filled with the smell of alcohol, as if he had been drenched in it, and he was holding a glass that had fallen over..

"No, I will not allow it. I will be emperor. ............ There must be some way I can be desired ・・・・・・ and desired ... "

Dimetrio mutters to himself. He is drowning in alcohol, but his eyes are burning with a strong fire of determination, and the situation surrounding him is bleak. when will the soldiers defection take place? Which side would the soldiers take, Baldrosh's or Manfred's? Or should they take Dimetrio's head as a souvenir?


The people are trustworthy, but how much longer will they be able to hold out? When a person who has not looked after others is cornered, no one will look after him Such a natural consequence had befallen Demetrio.

"Excuse me. You look like you're in a rough spot."

Suddenly, there was a careless knock on the open door.

When Dimetrio saw, Wayne stood there.

"'It's you. ...... I'm in a bad mood. If you have something to say, say it later."

"Come on. Don’t be like that. You were talking about how something is expected of you. Care to elaborate"

He tried to get rid of him, but Wayne sat down on the chair in front of him in an impudent manner.

Demitrio face showed his irritation, but no matter what he said, and He couldn't think of anything he could say or do to make Wayne walk away, so he clicked his tongue in resignation.


"... . I'm just talking nonsense. I was asked to be emperor of the empire. So I must become emperor return”

"I suppose it is true. Who would have thought that you could afford it, looking at your current situation?" The smile of self-mockery comes to Dimetrio's mouth, perhaps because of the alcohol.

"The firstborn son of an emperor, it is inevitable that I will become emperor. The reality is that I was outclassed by my brothers and sisters.

The army was destroyed by his foolish brothers and sisters. The army has been destroyed, and there is rebellion in the lands. Damn! Why? I have to be emperor. ......!"! "

Dimetrio's words were rhetorical, as he became increasingly angry and hateful.

Wayne looked at him with a face that was neither cold nor vicious, but surprisingly compassionate. “......I see, this is quite a curse. "

"What? Curse ...?"

"Prince Demetrio, in the same vein of royalty, let me offer you a word of advice. It is not often that a man has a single motive. For better or worse, there are many facets to the principles of human behavior. Therefore, one is allowed to choose one's favorite side of a person, as long as one can accept the consequences. "

There was no hint of ridicule in Wayne's words. But even if they were serious, their content did not resonate with Demetrio.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url