Classroom of the Elite Vol 17 : Akito Miyake’s Monologue

 I have never thought of myself as a special person. I am an average person with no special strengths and no particular shortcomings. I have lived my life inertially, just the way I wanted to.

I have done some bad things from time to time, and I have also been kind in my own way. I'm not a good person, and I'm not a bad person. If I were to evaluate myself, I would be such a guy. Ever since I was born, I have been walking as a nobody.

It wasn't until I entered high school that this became more pronounced. I picked up archery just because I was watching it on TV and thought I would try it to kill time.

I simply went on with my life as normal, as if surrendering to the flow of a river. A routine that doesn't concern me with big things and repeats itself without getting attached or detached.

It may be a boring routine, but I did it because I thought it was easy. Maybe that's why I didn't make any friends in high school. I wasn't really lonely. ...... I made friends through unexpected circumstances. Keisei, Kiyotaka, Haruka, and Airi

 

There were only 5 people including me, but I felt strangely comfortable with this small group. I had a feeling that I would spend the rest of my school life with these five people in a relaxed atmosphere. The environment around me may have changed, but I was still me. I thought that would never change. But one big change occurred, despite my expectations.

I fell in love with someone. There had been other people of the opposite sex whom I thought were cute or beautiful, but I had never fallen in love with them. I wonder when it started.

When did I start staring at Haruka's profile?

I was convinced when Haruka said she would leave the school in the unanimity special examination. I couldn't accept being separated. Emotions were the top priority, not logic.

I wanted to protect Airi, a member of the group I cared about equally, even if it meant abandoning her. I don't know if this feeling is acceptable or not. I gave priority to what I wanted to protect, not what was right or wrong. But I have no regrets.

"Will you go along with my revenge?"

Her murmur brought me back to reality. The look in her eyes is the same as always. They are strong, straight, and dangerously colored. But there was not a trace of doubt in her eyes. I didn't answer her out loud. No, I could not.

This revenge would surely upset many of my friends and classmates. She must have seen through my emotions, because she laughed and turned away and walked away.

 

In the old days, I would have looked away without hesitation. The right thing to do is to give up. Yes, how much easier it would be to see this back off. I didn't know that liking someone was so troublesome, so hard, so awkward.

As for me....

I don't care how many people are going to hate me ...... in the future. My emotions wouldn't allow me to let her go alone.

 "I was determined to do the unthinkable on this day after the sports festival.”

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url