The genius prince : vol 7 ch 37


(Ah) I noticed. Instantly, Lowellmina exclaimed.

"Sir Cyrus!"

She turned around and looked at Cyrus, who was standing beside Keskinal.

"Securing the safety of brother Dimetrio!"

Cyrus kicked the ground. He runs straight for Dimetrio, with or without asking.

But his footsteps stopped in mid-stride.

"Is this a ............ Did I make a blunder?"

Cyrus looks around and clicks his tongue.

"Sir Cyrus?"

"Sorry, Princess Lowellmina,  we already have a different force in place."

"what...!"

Lowellmina looked around in panic. The inside of the ritual hall was dimly lit, and there was a thick darkness in the areas that the lights did not reach. Lowellmina did not understand. But Cyrus sensed the presence of someone lurking in the darkness.

"Anyway, I can't make it in that position of Prince Dimetrio."

“Prince Wayne! " Lowellmina shouted. "Please hand over Dimetrio brother here!"

"Hand him over? What are you talking about?"

Wayne shrugged his shoulders . "The rights of Prince Demetrio belong to Prince Demetrio. I have no control over them.

I’m only inviting him to my home country. I’m confused by your threats "

"If it really was just an invitation, yeah, even I wouldn't be in such a worry...!"

 she knew Wayne was up to something. But she didn't think she could defeat her own secret plan. No, in fact, he was right. Wayne certainly couldn't beat Lowellmina's plan. He was just looking ahead.

"Prince Wayne ------ you intend to send my brother Demetrio into exile in the West, don't you?""

Wayne joins the Dimetrio camp due to Lowellmina's plot.

At that point, he was convinced of one thing. In other words, this game was unwinnable.

After all these tricks, Lowellmina must have a winning strategy. A foreign land, limited time, and forces that were not on his side - Wayne had no choice but to judge that it would be impractical for him to foresee Lowellmina's plan and devise a countermeasure.

So, he took a leap of imagination. In all probability, Lowellmina had set his goal at Demetrio's baptismal ceremony. If that was the case, we should set our goal beyond that.

For example, how about luring Demetrio, who was defeated by Lowellmina, to Natra and using him as a card against the West?

"Oh, exile the prince ... ...?"

The vassals' eyes were black and white. The situation had changed so rapidly that many of them could no longer grasp the situation.

"Me? Flee to the WestDimetrio's mother's diary was still lingering in his mind, and he looked up at Wayne with a lack of strength in his eyes.

"I don't know what you mean, Princess Lowellmina"

Wayne shook his head slowly. "As I said, I'm just recommending a little trip to the prince."

"Yes, and then you will persuade him that defecting to the West and becoming the cause of the invasion of the empire will pave the way for the emperor! "

To the Western powers, Dimetrio's status was of immeasurable value. The Empire would be greatly upset if he carried the First Prince on his back and claimed that the current imperial rule was illegitimate.

"No way, How can we be a friendly nation allied with the empire, and It’s impossible for Demetrio to seek asylum in the West

 Wayne tries to dodge the question. Lowellmina confronts him with the words, 

"Natra's former enemies in the West would not have been able to do so. But now Natra has extended its territory to the west and has established friendly relations with neighboring countries. If Natra were to make a full-fledged offer to belong to the West with the prince's custody, it would be a realistic possibility for Natra to join the West! Of course, there are risks involved! "

Natra would incur the wrath of the empire for inciting Demetrio. The Western powers would also plot to prey on the newcomer Natra for their own gain.

But Wayne could do it. With just one card, Demetrio will play both the empire and the West, and take them all. He has proven enough to make us believe that.

(And if that happens, I, and the empire, will be backed into a corner for sure. ............!)

she was confident that she could take on both Baldrosh and Manfred, now that I had the Dimetrio faction in my pocket. However, if the Western powers, with Dimetrio's support, were to intervene, the odds would be unknown, and the plan would be as good as ruined. We must avoid that future.

 "Brother, please come this way. Prince Wayne is trying to use you. ......!"

The attempt to force Dimetrio into custody had failed. The only way to get him to leave was to convince him to leave Wayne voluntarily. 

Lowellmina was sweating as if this was the last straw.

"Princess Lowellmina, you are saying that you are different from the rest of us. Prince Demetrio, think about it for a moment. Will you get what you want if you stay in the empire? "

And Wayne had the same condition. If he could corrupt Demetrio's heart and draw him to Natra, he would win. If he fails, he loses.

"My brother! Giving your support to the West is an act that endangers the entire empire! Even if my brothers and I are competing for the same seat, we share the same concern for the empire!"

"Your bloodline is suspected of being false! By the hand of none other than the Princess Lowellmina! She has taken everything from you, and her words are not to be believed! "

Wayne and Lowellmina exchange tongues over the fate of Demetrio.

There is no room for anyone else. The people around me grabbed their breath and watched over the situation.

There is only person who is allowed to break in is Dimetrio himself, who is currently in conflict.

[......]

And now he is. He is staring at the last page of his diary, as if devouring it.

(I wasn't loved after all ...)

It is only a possibility that he is not the child of the emperor. But Dimetrio had become surprisingly convinced himself.

The cold eyes of his mother staring at him. The words repeated over and over again that he was to be emperor. The gifts that were thrown away. All of this made sense when you consider that she saw her own child as a tool for revenge.

(I see. ...... I see. .....) He was born to a mother from a foreign country.

There were few people in the court whom I could trust, and my mother's love was the only thing I could rely on. But if that love was false.

(I have nothing more. )

Since a few minutes ago, Wayne and Lowellmina have been arguing over whether he should stay in the empire or go to the west.

There is no future for me if I remain in the empire. I will be forced into hiding or end up drinking poison.

What will he do if he crosses over to the West? Even if he becomes a dog of the West and bows to the Empire, he will never actually become emperor. At best, he would end up as a local lord or be buried in darkness.

No matter what happens, I will never be emperor. Accepting this as fact, Dimetrio's heart did not even waver so much as a ripple.

Dimetrio no longer had any reason to become emperor. He had no attachment to the throne, to the empire, or even to his own life.

(Let's just kill myself. ......) As I was thinking about this in my desperate mind, I suddenly saw my mother's diary, which had fallen out of my pocket.

 A diary filled with curses. My mother's hatred was boiling inside her cold face. I was oblivious to it. I should have been closer to her than anyone else.

Pity. Regret. I felt so sorry. If I had been aware of it, if I had been there for it, could the outcome have been different? He continued to turn the pages as if seeking an answer, until finally he reached the last page. Dimetrio's eyes widened as he looked at it.

On the page that opened, there was no mention of hatred for the empire. -He will be a great emperor. Unlike the rest of the pages, the words conveyed neither fury nor hatred.

Unlike those on the other pages, there was no harsh anger or hatred in the words. Instead, Demetrio sensed a very weak, fragile, but compassionate love.

(............ So that's what this is all about.) It reminded me of something Wayne once said.

"It is surprisingly rare for a person to have a single motive. For better or worse, there are many facets to the principles of human behavior. Therefore, people are allowed to choose the side they like, as long as they can accept the consequences. "

 I did not understand the meaning at the time, but now that I have seen this diary, I do.

(... there is still more to do for me. "

With that in mind, Dimetrio put a lot of effort into his legs.

"--Prince Wayne"

Wayne and Lowellmina's tongue battle was interrupted by a sudden echo of Dimetrio's voice.

And while everyone's attention is gathered, Dimetrio slowly stands up and turns around.

"Invitation to Natra? Who do you think I am. I'm Dimetrio, the First Prince of the Empire. I can't go to such a countryside! "

Lowellmina smiles as soon as she wins, and Wayne frowns.

"But! But. Despite the royal family of other countries, you can help me on the way to here was done. There is another speculation at the root, but if I don't reward it, my name will be gone. "

This time Wayne's looked at him curiously. The smile on Lowellmina’s face disappeared. She had a bad feeling about this.

Dimetrio said to her. "Lowellmina, you don't want me to go west?"

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url