Cote v16 Chapter 3 Part 3.4

'' Why, then say it quickly Who is it?"

"I can't say that. This special examination is an anonymous vote. If you say name just because you think of it, it's a wrong question.

Sometimes it's irreversible”

"But!"

"... I know. That's why I have to be prepared. We'll have time to vote a few more times. So,

If the number of support votes doesn't reach zero then I'll have no choice but to say his name. "

"I want you to say it, Horikita-san. I can't agree with that. 

As Horikita-san just said, there is no way to be really sure who is voting for whom this time

Of course, I'm doing this just because I don't want anyone to drop out, you understand that, right? "

"I also follow Hirata-kun's opinion. I don't think it's good to say it even though there is no confirmation of the culprit."

If she agrees with Yosuke, she seems uneasy.

Starting with the opinions of the two students, the students become anxious.

If Horikita misunderstands and says his name, he will be criticized.

Even if you are told to caste vote in support, I can't help it.

If a person agrees on the basis of a time out, it is avoided that the named person is discussed as a dropout target.

There will not be.

"I know ... I know, so I haven't said the name so far. But I can't do it just when the time runs out. I guess so?"

"I know how you feel. I'm not the same person I used to be.

 If I had to make a really necessary choice, I would be prepared to make it. But it has to be 100%"

".…Yes"

I try to make a little more change to the situation where things are starting to get heavier.

"Besides Horikita-san, can you think of any other students who continue to vote in support ?"


"None. In addition, other than Koenji, there's a guy who is so stubbornly in support of it, but I just can't get it right. What is it? "

Such a injust question is not just for one person.

The owner of the idea that accepts such a situation that dropouts will come out.


“If you know who they are, even if you can't say their names, you might think differently. 

If you have any questions, please raise your hand."

I asked again, as if to remind you However, no one has the idea of continuing such situation.

"Yosuke I'm sure you don't want to suspect anyone, but with Yosuke's wide range of friendships with both men and women, I'm sure there's someone out there who can help ?"

"... No. I can't really think of it."

"I see... Then how about Kushida-san ?"

Even if I suddenly talk, Kushida doesn't show any strange movement.

Rather, Horikita looked back a little and wondered what he was going to say.

"Who do you think is voting for it?" 

“I'm sorry, Ayanakoji-kun. I'm with Hirata, no one comes to mind.”

"Kushida understands the class best. 

i know a little about the students who are unhappy with the class. I thought that was not it. Everyone knows that I think about my class more than anyone else, and that I am personally consulted. I want you to remember it well "

To be sure, Kushida was looked at with anticipation from within the class.

"Well... I don't think there's anything I can think of...But if I get stuck in the future, I'll tell you properly."

"Oh. Please, I think it's essential to have people like Yosuke and Kushida in this last special examination."

Unless everyone works together, it will be difficult to break through by opposition to this task.

However, such cooperation is also history, and the result of the sixth vote.

6th vote result: Support ( 1 vote ); oppose ( 38 votes )

The same result. Repeated discussions.

7th vote result: Support ( 1 vote ); oppose ( 38 votes )

8th vote result: Support ( 1 vote ); oppose ( 38 votes )

The results do not change at all, and the conversation becomes more silent. Then the 8th interval begins. 

This little over an hour after the assignment started.

 Chabashira-sensei broke down with a loud noise.

She pushes her arm against the podium as if prostrating, and manages to prevent herself from falling.

"Ha Ha.…"

As the discussions continued, the breathing of the Chabashira-sensei had been standing on the podium for a long time was getting rough.

"Se, sensei ?"

"I am alright !!”

Say so, adjust the posture to inspire yourself.

Chabashira-sensei staring at the students with hollow eyes, what they are thinking.

Eventually, he conceals some determination and spoken out loud.

"--sensei are not allowed to lead to specific options. Of course, I wouldn't do that either.

Is it okay to tell an old tale? Of course, it will take your precious time Still is it okay ? "

"Chabashira-sensei. It is not prohibited for teachers to speak, but if you violate the rules, you will not go free either.

I'm not going to let you get away with it. If you decide that this is an invitation to protect the class ."

"Yes. If you see any intent to induce choice, I am prepared to be punished."

By answering that you know, the guards have no choice but to shut up.

Not surprisingly, an unexpected suggestion from Chabashira-sensei that did not intervene in the special exam.

It can be said that a ray of light shined on this deadlocked environment.

"We are struggling with this situation right now, and I would like to hear your story without affecting our choices.

Please Can you tell us ?”

Horikita said it would be welcome if it could be overcome in any way.

Of course, if you really want to talk about it, I want the momentum toward the opposite.

However, as long as you have the eyes of a supervisor, you must avoid direct expressions.

"I'm from this high school, and I've taken this special exam when I was a student.”

The story heard for the first time surprises Horikata and other classmates.

"Sensei also took this unanimous special exam ...?"

"Yes, there are five tasks, some with slightly different content, but the final task you are facing now is the same word for word.

Either drop out and get class points, or protect your friends and not get class points? "

The students turn their attention to the statement by Chabashira-sensei that she have experienced the exact same special exam.

"One thing is for sure. It's all about doing everything without regrets. Choose between support, oppose or time out.

Even if you decide to take it .... Find a way to not regret the result. There is still time left. "

For the first time, everyone listens to the Chabashira-sensei that speak to the students with real emotions.

It does not guide you to choose which option, nor does it offer a solution.

It can be said that it is a reliable advice that can be given as a teacher, when she is on the edge.

The teacher who was listening in the background didn't tell her that she was breaking the rules, and he listened until the end.

I don't know if this will change the results.

However, she certainly provided the students with words to face this special exam again.

Even though there was a cover shot from the winning bid, it is not a good idea to waste the rest of the interval.

Horikita keeps struggling to increase the probability even by 1%.

"It's getting close to the time when I'll have to make up my mind. ...... But first, let me tell you something one more time. 

I'm not your enemy. I'm on your side. "

The name of the supporter who will have passed away many times in his mind.

Out of consideration.

Horikita continues to persuade  not to enlighten a specific person.

He will be asking himself repeatedly.

I think I should give my name.

Still, I don't say it because Horikita really wants to be on his side.

T/n : let us use he until it’s name known.

An appeal that resembled a cry of grief.

In response, we voted for the ninth time.

9th vote result: Support ( 1 vote ); oppose ( 38 votes )

After all, one vote in support did not move.

Only one person. Some students are forever clinging to 100 points.

No, some are clinging to the right to be forced to drop out.

This is the real truth that only I, or perhaps only two people including Horikita.

It's safe to assume that a certain person's thorough vote in support of the task continues to linger.

But now there is no way to objectively confirm that the person is against it in this situation.

Horikita said that if time ran out, she would be forced to speak the name.

However, in reality, Horikita does not say her name no matter how many times he votes. 

"Are you against it?"

Because I know that the question doesn't really make sense. Rather, she said his name, but at the end, Horikita loses everything in the future.

Although there is still some leeway, the time limit set for the remaining 2 hours is approaching.

It's a deadline for making big decisions



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url