cote vol 16 epilogue

 

○ A Farewell to the Past

The unanimous special examination, which lasted about five hours, came to an end. Soon after, we heard that we were the only class of the four to be expelled from the school. Not a few students may have regretted this. However, the 150 class points gained from this special examination, in which three classes gained only 30 points, will definitely be useful in the battle to come.

If we finish September as it is, we will finally move up to class B. After school, I kept waiting for the person on the stairs leading to the roof as promised. One person appears about 10 minutes later than the scheduled time.

"I made you wait. It took a lot of time because of post-processing."

"It doesn't matter. By the way, did you get the end you wanted? Or was it the other way around?"

"Don't ask difficult questions. There's no real right answer to that exam ... I think so. Someone could see this, let's change the place."

"That's wise."

Raising the corners of his mouth slightly, Chabashira-sensei begins to climb the stairs to the rooftop. she then pulls out a key with a simple blue name holder.

"The use of school rooftops is becoming more and more controversial every year. Perhaps in the near future, it may be difficult for this school to enter the rooftop as usual."

Even though the fence is installed, it is probably because of the risk of falling. Another drawback of the rooftop is that it can be abused a little like Ryuen used before. The chabashira-sensei that came out quietly to the rooftop leaned against the railing and exhaled.

"It was a long day ... really"

The chabashira-sensei tells a pure impression about the special examination like a soliloquy.

"I mentioned it during the exam ... I took the same exam when I was in the third year of high school."

"It looks like so"

Where are you staring, the chabashira-sensei just stare straight at the outside, which is dyed by the sunset.

"If you allow ... can you hear my confession?"

"Is it the sacrament of forgiveness? I'm not familiar with religion, but if that's okay."

A unanimous special exam that she allegedly challenged her school days. It is said that there was the same problem, but it will change the expression that will be exhibited in the situation of the class.

"I remember that day like yesterday. We, the 3rd year class B, have finally come to the point where we can catch the back of the class A just before the graduation exam. The difference in class points was only a few points. Even though we couldn't turn it around in our remaining few days of daily life, we were in a position to turn it around with just one special exam.. "

It's a very close battle. I'm sure Class A didn't think they had the advantage by that margin either.

"In the meantime, the unanimous special exam has begun. There are five tasks. Like you, we were able to proceed to the fourth task without delay, even though we had different opinions."

"You said the last task was the same."

"Well ... yes. It seems that today's exam is a little vague."

By superimposing on the past, the time series may be confused as to what you said and what you were thinking.

"Of course, in the first vote, there was a small amount of support and a large number of disagreements. However, the situation began to change significantly as the discussions continued. If Class A unanimously decided to agree, the difference would be up to 173 points. It will spread. "

"You didn't know what the graduation exam was at that time?"

"Yes, I think you're guessing, but if you win the special exam, there's no big class point going. Even if class B takes first place, class points may not be much different if class A is second"

Is the reward difference between 1st and 2nd place 100 or 150? Of course, it could be more than 200 points, but that wasn't a promise.

"The discussion overheated over time. Class A shouldn't choose dropouts, so everyone should likewise collect votes against each other and survive the unanimous special exam. And win the graduation exam to become Class A. If Class A doesn't choose to drop out, it's a chance to turn around. We talked about every possible case. "

The content of the story that comes up in the same task is completely different depending on the situation of the class. Only two options. However, the only way to reach it is to go through a number of winding paths.

"we spent a lot of time talking and still didn't get the right answer. Do we take Class A at all costs, or do we choose our friends and put ourselves in a tough fight?..."

Perhaps she’s only now fully remembering her past.

Chabashira’s eyes, that I stole a glance at from the side seemed to be

faintly moistened by the evening sun.

"Soon, my classmates' intentions began to tilt, albeit little by little. I think that if the class A, which is narrowly packed in the B class, would get 100 points at the expense of it, the story begins to proceed with that assumption. And the opposition gradually began to flow toward the supporters. "

"Still, as long as someone is lacking, isn't it easy to get together in favor? Students with low abilities, inferior communication abilities, or students with one or two habits are the first to drop out. It is inevitable that”

"That's right. Once you're unanimous in favor, you can't withdraw. It's not easy for everyone to agree, your right."

Something has happened that will change the situation. Speaking of this special exam, it seems that I promised to drop out only the traitor and led them to agree.

"There was a boy in my class. That student ... well, it's best to describe him as a man who combined Hirata and the ike in your class. It may be the closest”

"Yosuke and ike ...? It's a person who doesn't fit well even if you imagine it."

"he serious, but there is something missing. He is a good friend and a smart person, but he can't read the atmosphere. He was the leader of the class and at the same time a mood-maker.."

I see, it seems that Yosuke's merits and Ike's merits (and demerits) were somehow contained in this student.

"The student has been suffering since the last task. In the end, he has to choose for it. To do that, he has to give guidance to someone with his own hands."

The power is in the hand holding the handrail of the chabashira-sensei.

"And the student came up with one answer. He told us that he had just led us to a unanimous vote in favor. I guess he decided that he couldn't abandon his friends who had fought for him for three years. "

"The only remaining special exam is the last graduation exam, and the absence of a leader will hurt, but that's not an option."

Of course, it's hard to say that it's a wise choice. However, if all of the classmates are on an equal footing, it is extremely difficult to choose one. There is a way to leave yourself to luck, but there are many students who are not convinced.

"But it wasn't unanimous after that."

"Why? The story was settled when the leader dropped out, right?"

"No ... one person continued to oppose the dropout of the student until the end. One vote against it never turned in favor, and the remaining time was cut off. Opposite. It was none other than me who continued to cast one vote. "

From the flow of the story, I thought that was the case ... but ...

"For Chabashira-sensei, the student of the leader was not just a leader?"

With her eyes closed, the once chabashira-sensei mocks and laughed, then slowly opened her eyes again. And she looks up at the sunset sky and deeply affirms.

"That's right. To me, the student is ... a leader, a friend ... and ... and a loved one who is more important than anyone ... It was just a new existence. It has an ironic bonus of the day before the special test is conducted. "

Two people who overcame many hardships and communicated with each other. The future that was supposed to grab the utmost happiness in the remaining school life and aim for A class. The chabashira-sensei couldn't let go of it.

"If I keep in the voted opposite direction, my classmates will naturally be confused and angry. Some have changed their brunt to me. Well, that's right."

"But if Chabashira-sensei didn't drop out, that's what that means..."

"Yes. I protect him, he protects me. That stalemate continued endlessly. We can't finish the special exam in time and our class is minus 300. In addition, class A chose to dropout, so the difference was 450 points. A total difference of 523 points. The distance from class A, which was just a little closer, opened in an instant and hopelessly.".

No matter how big the chance of a special graduation exam, it's a point difference that can't be turned over.

"It's not comforting, but your lover didn't drop out, right?"

"I don't know what I kept for, but when the unanimous special exam was over, our relationship ended naturally. Only one day ... no, less than twenty four hours. But .... Then we lost the final exam in a direct confrontation, and our three years together came to nothing."

" Did you see him after that ?"

"I have never seen him. I don't even know where he is or what he is doing now. When I was in high school, this school was everything to me, and he was everything. If you think about it, it's a stupid story. In my long life, three years in high school is only a part of it. Even if I couldn't get into class A, I should have fought to the end without regrets. "

For a years, chabashira-sensei has been regretting the mistakes of  her choices. No, in this case, rather than a mistake, it is better to continue to worry about whether the choice was correct.

"I didn't have the qualifications to graduate in class A. But what should i do? Should i have strongly persuaded him to drop out? Or he said he would drop out. Should i cut him off ... "

"There's no real right answer to this special exam, it's probably impossible to make it truly unanimous. That's another story if some students are students who are not thoroughly talented and are not needed by anyone..."

Still, it's not that there was no way out.

"If I force you to say, the reason for the loss is that you couldn't see the strategy of the student. I think that there was only one way for Chabashira-sensei class to go to class A."

""When he first persuaded everyone and gave up unanimously in opposition, the student decided to drop out to leave the possibility of going to class A, and what he took was to think about it after unanimously in favor."

The chabashira-sensei nods while remembering those days.

"If I cut him off ..."

"Is the graduation exam so easy that you can win without a good leader? Your class lost even though he didn't drop out of the unanimous exam, right?"

"Oh, if we were united and fighting in perfect condition, or maybe we were even."

“it is impossible to choose. However, even if someone else was missing, you couldn't win class A. And the only way was to stay in favor and against options. We should have stopped all the temptations and inducement to agree."

"But even if I stepped on it, it wasn't a situation where I would vote against it and respond to such persuasion. That's what Ayanokoji admitted now."

"There is no need for persuasion. The teacher's class was cracked with opinions to win to the end. If the votes do not come together, the defeat due to time out is inevitable. When that happens, the pro-party will definitely start to move to sum it up with the opposite vote

What if the final vote is less than one minute left, even if you resist by mouth? Even if you agree, there is no time to drop out the next special student. The interval time is fixed at 10 minutes, but the voting time is up to 80 seconds. If you adjust the time, such as by intentionally delaying the vote, you can bring it to the final vote without a minute. "

If you choose to agree, you will get minus 300 if you fail to clear, and if you choose to disagree, you will get plus 30 if you clear. It is impossible to choose the former with only one option.

"Even if you have blood in your head, you can't look away from that reality. If you run out of time and lose 300 points, or if you don't get an additional 100 points, you'll definitely clear and get 30 points. Do you want to take the graduation exam with Class A? There is only one argument. Of course, I'm not sure if I was able to fill the 173 points."

Students who couldn't give up winning and were trapped in the immediate 100 points. A leader who has succeeded in making good use of that psychology and bringing it in favor. However, the strategy itself was a mistake. I could not see through the heart of the chabashira-sensei, the stubborn intention of the opposite sex who became a lover.

"I am......。if i had a student like you back then”

I said so, and closed my mouth.

"No, it doesn't make any sense now. I can't go back to the past. But let me know. Ayanokoji. sakura should have been a member of your good group. She had a special feeling for you."

"Well, you know that."

"I'm still a homeroom teacher. I can often tell by looking at the students' eyes."

It is not proud, and it answers so while being amazed somewhere.

"Is there a way to save Sakura and sacrifice others?"

"How is it? Horikita at that time had a powerful force that did not let me say whether or not. We didn't have enough time to compete properly."

"It's a lot of clerical work. Did your heart hurt ...?"

"Of course, if you don't want airi to drop out, that was the best. I also tried to lead unanimously in every way I could, but Kushida couldn't stop. I decided that there was no solution unless I cut down the retreat after choosing to leave the school. However, if the result theory is good, there might have been a possibility of unanimity by opposition, too. Kushida at that time was disturbed by Horikita's existence and accepted the choice to remain in this school. That was not what I expected at all.

I'm not the only one who wants to help a good student. Now that it's done, the only hand left is the elimination method. At this point, I have no choice but to give superiority or inferiority to my classmates. Can you study or not, can you exercise or not? communication ability. Insight, observation. There is no choice but to look at objective data and OAA rankings. "

If you look at the system created by the school, you can see people who should drop out even if they don't like it.

"Of course, there are quite a few students whose abilities are not so different from Airi. However, if the students start to argue with each other, their friends will naturally be on the side of defending. However, with Airi, the only major obstacle is Haruka. It only takes 10 minutes to lose. "

"you mean, you intentionally put a white arrow in your friends..."

"Personality is also one of the deciding factors. Due to Airi's personality, she not good at imitating people who don't want to quit or appeal to them not to vote. A good friend, in this case, Haruka will never vote in favor. However, if there is only one exception, it is a self-declaration from Airi. You can't afford to sacrifice 300 class points to annoy her class and choose to stay at school."

"You knew the psychological state of Sakura."

"Comprehensive strength, familiar people, personalities. The last push is to have someone important inform Auri that she is the one who should be expelled from the school. If she hears it from my mouth, she will have no choice but to understand."

"Ayanokoji-You are ..."

"People might call someone who thinks like me a demon. Nobody wants to do a detrimental role. Still, you have to do it without hesitation if you need it. It's a class. In other words, it is inevitable in protecting the class. "

"At this school, withdrawal is always back-to-back in every situation. I am prepared to accept it as a teacher at this school. Still, I will never be able to make a decision like you."

Acknowledging her weakness in her heart, Chabashira-sensei said so.

"I don't know you deeply, but how many people have been truncated. How much should I truncated to reach that territory ... No, don't answer. I'm sure. I will never understand it. "

How much should I truncate? I never thought about it. As if you don't remember the color and shape of each stone on the side of the road, both the learner and the teacher will be deprived of their place and disappear if they are incompetent. That is artificial selection.

"Thank you for taking the time today, Ayanokoji-kun. I regretted my past choices and stopped for a long time. However, it was understood that there was no such time. Let's fulfill that role in guiding the students in my class as teachers so that they can continue to fight without regret."

"It seems that you were able to break away from the past through this special examination."

The profile of the chabashira-sensei that I talked about was somewhat radiant, unlike before.

“It's not that I haven't dreamed of "class A" class before. I try not to think about it, but I still have hope. I try not to think about it, but I still get hopeful that I might be able to make my unfulfilled dream come true. every time I do, I scoff at myself for being so foolish and erase it from my memory. Such was the sequence of events.

Chabashira-sensei that turned to me and gave a smile that I had never seen before.

"I’ve decided Ayanokoji-kun. I’m going to make sure that your class is able to graduate in class A in every way I can.”

"It's okay to be enthusiastic, but don't deviate from the teacher's position."

"Mmm ... no, of course I'm in a position. you says I was able to prepare for it, although I'm limited in what I can do. Every time you're not like a student should say"

“Unlike a student, huh? What is the right way for me to respond to that?”

“Even if you were to ask me that, I won’t be able to answer it. I’m not a student after all.”

No, this person is messed up.

"If the story is over, I'll be going then."

"That's right. I'm sorry I got an important time."

''I don't mind. Well then, I'll leave you to it. Chabashira-sensei."

I had been calling her that recently, but I dared to say it with emphasis. I was a bit cocky, I guess. Chabashira-sensei smiled quietly and nodded. I think she's all right now. After this special exam, she has grown as much as the students. Her mind, which had stopped in her third year of high school, had at once begun to catch up to her current age.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url