genius prince: vol 8 ch 18

 

Kozimo  smiles, then turns to Franya and indicates another person standing right beside him.

"Also my apologies for late introduction. he was looking for Her Highness Franya, so I took him with me."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Princess Franya"

The tanned young man smiled softly.

"My name is Felite, the chief of Patura. your brother Prince Wayne has helped me a great deal in the past."

"Oh dear!"

Patura's Felite It's the name I heard from Wayne. It is said that when my brother went to Patura before, he made a friendship with him through twists and turns.

"I've been listening to Felite-sama's story for a long time. I never expected to meet you here."

"I also heard from Prince Wayne about his sister. she's pretty, just like the rumors."

Franya smiled as if she was embarrassed

"Did Felite-sama also be invited to the Holy Meeting?"

"No, I came to Lushan to say hello instead. Since there are many important people from various countries here, it is very helpful to be able to talk to people from different countries at the same time.."

Indeed, Franya was convinced. she have heard that his father died suddenly. Felite purpose seems to be almost the same as herself.

" there's one more thing I want to talk to Prince Wayne about. I understand my impolite request, but could you please ask Prince Wayne to spare me some time?"

"To my brother?"

Franya couldn't make an immediate decision on this. she would normally nod with two replies, but this time Wayne needs to concentrate on the congress, and she is in a position to assist him.

"... Then, let me tell you the story first. During the holy meeting, my brother told me that I would handle external affairs."

Franya says so while being thrilled with her heart. She was aware that she was standing tall. But if she didn't do it here, where would she do it? she had decided that she would no longer be the one just delivering letters to his brother.

"... Well, it seems that I have been extremely rude."

Felite stared at Franya's face for a while, and then he smiled.

" Excuse me, Princess Franya, then I'll tell you. The thing is about the trade between Patura and Natra."

Kozimo, who was on the sidelines, said.

" I'm sorry, should I leave?"

"No, it doesn't matter, because the empire is also involved."

Felite continued.

" You know that Natra imports goods from the Empire and exports them to Patura? These imperial goods are causing a bit of a problem in Patura."

"Well, what's wrong?"

" The goods are very good. The people of Patura have a reputation for it."

In response to this reply, Franya thought for a few seconds,

"Um ... what's wrong with that?"

I tilted my head and wondered what he meant. However, Kozimo, who is in the business for a living, seems to have had a different kind of experience, and this alone seemed to make sense to him.

"... I see, the amount and distance?"

Felite nodded.

"The empire's goods imported from Natra are quite high-class. After all, they are transported from the empire via Natra and then half a continent from north to south, so the cost is added to the price. Even after subtracting, it's still as good as people want. "

" It's ...... Sounds really bad, doesn't it?"

Franya still can't see the problem. Then Kozimo said.

" The high cost of the product, Your Highness, naturally means that there will be people who cannot afford to buy it, so will they give up? No, they think first, Would they be able to get it at a lower price?

"......Ah"

Finally, Franya had an epiphany.

"Patura as I recall, is not on good terms with the empire...."

" Yes, we're feuding from historical backgrounds, so to speak, this is a distance from history. However, the distribution of Imperial goods to Patura makes the people attractive to the Empire in a practical way And historical distance is rapidly being bridged.. "

"If so, smuggling will increase."

" You are right. Although the historical distance is great, in terms of physical distance, you only need to head northeast from Patura and you will soon reach the imperial territory. There you can buy imperial goods much more cheaply than via Natra.”

Felite said.

"For my Patura, dealing with Natra is also a symbol of friendship. I don't want to look down on it. However, the reality is that the empire will be flooded with smuggled goods and goods via Natra will not sell. Therefore, please discuss what to do with future transactions. "

"............ Please wait a moment"

Franya pulled the sleeves of Siridgis and moved a little away from the Felite.

(Felite, I think this is pretty bad)

(Yes. To put it mildly, about half of the results That His Highness Wayne brought back from Patura could be blown away right now.)

Franya screaming unvoiced.

(What should I do?)

(...... I think this matter is indeed beyond the scope of Your Highness' discretion. We should bring it back to His Highness Wayne and ask for his judgment.)

(But then, i just said I'd listen to him like a big shot. ......)

(Your Highness, it is one of the jobs of a statesman to be concerned about the face of his country. But to involve the country for the sake of one's own face is the work of a third-rate politician. If you can't even swallow the shame of it, you can't be called a person of character.)

Franya was about to say something, but held her breath. Then she turned to Feliteand said reverently

"... I have certainly accepted Felite request. I would like to take this matter home, consult with my brother, and invite Felite to the mansion where i is staying at a later date. I hope we can discuss it again, but how about it? "

Ferite nodded slowly.

"I understand. Please give my best regards to Prince Wayne."

Then he gently told the girl, her lips tightly knit..

" And if I may say one thing, Princess franya may be inexperienced, but she also seems to be intelligent. Prince Wayne would be proud."

"......thank you"

Franya was filled with embarrassment, regret, and a little relief from being followed by someone she should have bargained with.

Kozimo said brightly while staring at such Franha with the look which looked at the daughter.

" Now, it seems that our discussion here is over, so why don't we go back inside mansion? When you become an old man, the autumn wind feels cold."

"Let's do that. Come on, Princess Franya."

"Yes"

Prompted by the two, Franya returns to the mansion.

I can't just keep denting so much. She scolds herself for more work to do.

 

read upto chapter 36 on patreon right now


Become a Patron!

 



 

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url