Classroom of the Elite V17: Ch 4 Part 4

While some issues remained, the class proceeded with careful preparations for the athletic festival.

Although some students objected to the idea of a joint fight with the Ryƫen, once the lid was lifted and practice began, there were no major disputes, and practice for the team competitions went smoothly. Even the classmates who had been negative at first began to cooperate with each other in order to win, and they practiced and trained day and night.

Finally, the night before the athletic festival arrived. It was around 9:30 at night when I made a phone call to Horikita.

“It’s very late, isn’t it? I was about to go to bed.”

I could hear the sound of a hair dryer in the background.

“I have something important to tell you, something to do with the sports festival.”

“Important from you? I guess I better take this a little more seriously.”   As soon as she said that, she turned off the switch and my ears went quiet.

“Oh, I wanted to say something first too. Sakayanagi has been planning participating in the sports-festival right? I thought you said you could stop her.”

“It has to do with that matter as well. Tomorrow, I’m going to be absent.”

“Absent? Wait a minute, what do you mean?”

I could tell that Horikita was flustered by my sudden statement. I heard a loud bang and a light scream.

“Are you okay?”

“Excuse me, I dropped my hairdryer...”

I hear the sound of a cell phone being put down somewhere. She seems to be in a hurry to pick up the hair dryer.

“So, why the absence? It’s not like you’re sick, right?”

It is understandable that she is puzzled, as I sound seemingly healthy.    “Oh, I have no health problems. In fact, I’m even more pleasant than usual.”

“Then why? If you’re absent, you lose the 10 points you have. Even if we don’t count your wins, losing these 10 points hurts.”

With a class size of 38 students, I can understand the temptation to complain.

“I’m not saying 10 points is less. But this is the strategy I need.”

“Your strategy?”

It’s not everyday that your father’s assassins come mixed in with guests of honor.

I’m going to mention something here that I’ve kept quiet until now.

”It will lead to a clue regarding Sakayanagi’s strategy and aiming for Class A.”

“Sakayanagi-san strategy...?”

“I told you, there’s a way to keep Sakayanagi from participating in the gym festival.”

“I don’t know why your absence would lead to Sakayanagi-san’s attack.” Horikita was about to ask why, but quickly thought better of it. “There’s no way I can understand what you’re thinking right now. Besides, even if I try to persuade you, you won’t change your mind about missing the sports festival, will you?”

“Ah. I’ll call the school first thing tomorrow morning to tell them I’m not feeling well.”

“Then it looks like I have no choice but to trust you here.”            Despite her dismay, Horikita admitted approvingly.

“In case you’re wondering, I was planning on getting at least three first places as a personal goal, but now I’m going to have to add another ten points to my total.”

“Take care of it.”

I ended the call and connected my phone to the charging cord. Horikita, who hadn’t gone to bed yet, was probably too lucid to recalculate her score and wouldn’t be able to sleep for a while.

It was a bit harsh, but I’ll let it slide as a necessary expense.

And there’s one more person I need to call.

Just to tell them what I’ll need and I’m all set.

 

 

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url