the genius prince Vol 9 : chapter 12

 

(...... Go see who the representative is, huh?)

Wayne quickly looked around. No one was willing to admonish the two representatives for their attitude toward the prince of the other country. On the contrary, I can still hear whispers that are in tune with them.

“ I am sorry, Prince Wayne. I didn't expect them to be so blunt.”

Kamil, who was silently watching the transition, finally opens his mouth. Although it was not his place to interrupt, he looked pale because he had been treated in such a rude manner by a person from another country to whom they had invited him. However, Wayne responded as if he did not care.

 

"Don't worry. Diplomacy won't stand a chance if you get angry over something like this. --And if it was unavoidable, even more so."

 "huh?"

Unable to understand what the words mean, Kamil blinks his eyes. Wayne continued, ignoring his expression.

"The most important thing to remember is that you are not alone. I'm going to make connections with other influential people besides the representatives. Kamil, introduce me to the most promising people."

 "Yes, I understand." Confused, Kamil does as he is told. As he followed suit, Wayne began to formulate a course for the future.

----------------------------------------------

Ulves Union East Capital, Muldu. Ninym sighed as she walked through the deserted alley.

 (According to my first impression, the construction of the city itself resembles the ancient city of Lucian, but...)

Many of the cities in the western part of the continent follow the design of the ancient city of Lucian, the capital of the Leveteans.

this is evidence of the high degree of architecture and influence of the Leveteans, and Muldu is no exception. If you look around the town, you will find many places that remind you of the places you have visited in the past.

What differentiates this city from Muldu is the atmosphere that pervades the entire city.

 (it is Suffocating.)

This was the honest impression of Ninym after looking around the city. For example, Lucian also has a solemn atmosphere, as it is the center of the Levetean religion. Some people may feel suffocated. However, the atmosphere in Muldu is different.

It is as tense as in Lucian, but there is no hint of the sacred. In other words, there was a sense of tension, as if the beasts were fighting each other for territory.

(I wonder if this is one of the downsides of the union.)

Although it is not an official policy, the city is divided into several sections. Some are occupied by merchants, others by artisans, and still others by nobles and other influential people.

Of course, such a division is common not only in Muldu but in other cities as well, but it is particularly evident here. Each section has its own rules, and it is clear that they are extremely reluctant to allow anyone other than their own people to move in and out.

Therefore, their ability to recognize strangers is remarkable, and wherever Ninym goes, she gets ogled. For a girl who doesn't want to stand out, there is no better situation to be in.

 (Thank goodness she got her findings.)

 She is always asking questions about the Union, about Muldu, about Agata. By interviewing and researching, I was able to gain new information. I must share it with Wayne when I return. With these thoughts in mind, Ninym was on her way home when she saw it at the end of the alley.

"-------"

Or maybe she was expecting it somewhere. Seeing Kamil's openness, for example. Seeing a city not unlike Lucian, for example. Or that, like Patura in the south, Muldu, despite belonging to the west, might have its own culture, not poisoned by Leveteanism

So in this city - I wondered if the Fulham people are not doing well, just because I haven't met them. Even though that can't be true.

 

"tch.."

Nimym unintentionally lowered her eyes. The scene beyond that, however, is burned into my retinas. The man wearing poor clothes, carrying a large baggage, and shackled. His eyes sparkled like red jewels and his hair was pure white. Ah, there is no doubt. A slave. A Fulham man.

 (...Calm down. This is not uncommon in the West.)

I gently put my hand on my chest to suppress my emotions. Once upon a time, the Fulham, as they were called, created a kingdom for the oppressed Fulham, who were enslaved. But that kingdom collapsed, and the Fulham were once again - or rather, more harshly than ever before - oppressed.

However, this does not mean that there are only Fulham slaves in the world. Cheap labor is in demand in every age. People from all walks of life fall into slavery for a variety of reasons: losing a war, being kidnapped by hunters, or selling themselves for some money.

(So this scene is also a common one. No need to be sentimental. ......)

Let's go home. Now. I am a Fulham, but I am in the service of the Natra royal family. My priority is Natra's interests. Causing a fuss over slaves in another country's territory would only be an act of dragging Wayne down. The first thing to do is to make sure that you have a good idea of what you're looking for.

I thought so, but my body did not move accordingly. I found myself looking straight up.

"Ah..." The Fulham man was still there. I was still looking up at him. My whole body was furious. I had a hunch. It didn't matter that he had dyed his hair black. He knew he was a fulham.

 

( this is bad  - not to cause problems - but...)

The conflicting emotions that ran through my mind and body froze me in place. Their gazes were intertwined for what seemed like seconds or several minutes.

After the end of the infinite agony of the ninym, the man in the Fulham man looked a little troubled, and then he said "Hmmm..."

The man smiled. It was a small but loving smile. What was the meaning behind it? Before I could ask for an answer, the fulham man suddenly looked away and left as if nothing had happened. The remaining Ninym stood there for a long time, stunned, forgetting even to breathe.

 


Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url