Classroom of the Elite Vol 17: Ch 1.2

 

“Of course, even so, it's hard to say that it's the right decision at this stage.”

Before the unanimous special examination, Kushida's value to the class was clearly higher than Ai's. Even after the revelation, Kushida still had the advantage. but the gap between the two had narrowed. In addition, Kushida herself had not changed her mind, and she was expected to continue to be uncooperative with the class in the future.

In other words, there was no guarantee that keeping Kushida would be beneficial to the class. Horikita's thoughts are wrong as the direction of its evolution.

That conclusion is the only thing that has not changed. That conclusion is the only thing that has not changed. Still, there was only one reason why I supported Horikita's thinking. It may sound a bit obvious, but I wanted to see Horikita's growth, its direction, and the results of that growth.

 

What is at the end of the action that Kiyotaka Ayanokoji could never have chosen to take?

I wanted to see the effect of leaving Kushida behind on the chemistry of the class.

Class A by the narrowest of margins and proving the proving the right choice?

Will the class fall apart then find out what was wrong with the choice?

Or will it bring about other unexpected changes?

At the very least, I think there is a high possibility of creating a negative chain of events.

When I activated OAA from my mobile phone, Airi Sakura's name had already been erased from the class list. As if such a student did not exist from the very beginning.

I put my cell phone in the right pocket of my uniform, then picked up my bag and headed for the entrance. Apart from the situation in the class, there was also a worrisome movement in the other classes.

Ryuuen and Sakayanagi were hoping to fight each other in the final exam. It is not strange for Ryuen to nominate Class A to take away class points, but what about Sakayanagi? But what about Sakayanagi? There was no merit in nominating the lowest ranked Ryuuen class at that point in time.

Is it because she is working hand in hand with Ichinose, and because she thinks it would be better to eliminate Ryuuen?

I wonder if the "promise" exchanged between Sakayanagi and Ryuuen is also related.

It was best for us to keep our guard in that direction, too. So we have the best situation for Horikita's class, but...

I left my room at the usual time and headed outside the dormitory.

After getting off the elevator, After getting off the elevator, a familiar looking Horikita was sitting on the sofa in the lobby waiting for someone. She glanced at me, but made no move to get up.

However, perhaps because there was no one else around, she stood up a little later and approached me.

" Are you waiting for Kushida ?"

I asked her before she could start talking, and she choked on her words for a moment before answering me.

"You seem to have a good idea, yes. I went to her room a few times over the weekend..."

It seems that she have tried to provide her with psychological care, but have been unable to make contact with her.

It would have been a humiliation I had never experienced in my life. she won't feel like coming face to face with Horikita anytime soon. Perhaps they had been waiting here for Kushida to come down quite early. What bothered me more was that the lack of sleep could easily be seen under Horikita's eyes.

"It looks like you're really worried about Kushida."

 

" What? Oh, no, it's not that. Lack of sleep is lack of sleep, but this is a different reason. She never left her room. I visited her several times, but she was never there. It was like a siege. I was still on the lookout for her with every intention of meeting her.”

“If she was holed up, does that mean you was waiting by the  front door?”

Even if it's only on Saturdays and Sundays, it's a big deal if you've been staked out from morning to night.

"I repeatedly pressed the doorbell and waited. "

It's no wonder that there is enough food to stay in Kushida's room for two or three days.

" Besides, you need to be aware of your surroundings, don't you? There's no good if the rest of the class finds out that Kushida-san is shutting herself in."

Keep her nervous and waiting in the hallway for her to come out. It was truly a holiday of asceticism.

A normal student would probably lose to Horikita's passion, but as expected, Kushida.

i mean she got over it without showing any sympathy?

"Because of what happened the other day, she can't be like she used to be."

 

"Since you chose to keep Kushida, it's only natural for you to follow up."

Horikita nodded her head with a hint of determination, but she was not entirely free of her thoughts.

“How was your weekend, Ayanokouji-kun?”

Of course, she was talking about the Ayanokoji Group. Because of her, who named Airi and expelled her from school, Horikita must see that the problem is even greater than leaving Kushida behind.

"I kept in touch with Keisei and Akito breifly, but that's it."

That, too, was not included in the conversation, especially regarding Airi. but Haruka, there was no indication that she had read the message. I'm not an expert in the use of apps, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had at least blocked the group, if not withdrawn from it.

"I guess you haven't been able to talk to Hasebe yet, huh? "

"Well, that's right. As expected, I didn't have the courage to contact Haruka."

After showing an apologetic face, Horikita lowered her head. Even if we forcibly met each other, it is impossible to open up to each other now .

Rather than trying to repair the relationship, it would be more practical for the three of us to maintain the group relationship with me out of the picture. In other words, the best course of action would be to watch and wait.

 

Even if Haruka still holds a grudge against me in the process, that will eventually come to life.

If that happens, it will be good for our class, but in case it doesn't, we have to be prepared. If he continues to hold a grudge against me, Horikita, and the class, there is a possibility that Haruka will harm the class with personal feelings.

The possibility that it will lead to harming the class with a strong feeling is not zero.

Although her specifications are not essential for the class, it is of course a disadvantage to reduce the maximum value of the class by missing one of its most useful pieces.

Akito and Keisei could also be considered in a chain of events, such as a decrease in Akito and Keisei's strength.

"Right now, I don't think I'll be able to convey anything I say, so I'll just have to wait."

For the time being, it is certain that this is not something to be discussed in a place like this.

Horikita gulped quietly as they checked each other's situation.

" I have changed your relationship by forcing you to make the choice to keep Kushida-san."

I was the one who gave Airi the direct lead, but it was also a role I had bought myself into.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url